- Committee member, NSU University Faculty Emeritus Committee (2013-present).
- Committee member, NSU University Faculty Evaluation & Performance Committee (2013-present).
- Committee member, NSU University Curriculum Committee (2010-present).
- Committee member, NSU University Curriculum Manual Revisions Committee (2014-2015).
- Committee member/panelist, NSU/Norfolk Library Fahrenheit 451 Committee (2014-2015).
- Committee member, NSU Honors College committees (2013-present).
- Committee member, NSU chapter of American Association of University Professors (2013-2015), treasurer (2014-2015)
- Committee member, NSU International Education & Global Initiatives (2012-present).
- Assist in promoting study abroad on NSU campus, NSU International Programs (2010-2011).
- Committee member, NSU Faculty Senate Status and Welfare Committee (2013)
- Committee member, NSU COLA Curriculum Committee (2009-present).
- Committee member, NSU COLA Recruitment Committee (Dr. Wilkens, Chair) (2014-2015).
- Committee member, NSU COLA Research Committee (Dr. Hacker, Chair) (2010-2012).
- Committee member, NSU COLA Retention Committee (Dr. Ford, Chair) (2010-2011).
- Committee member, MCJR Assessment Committee (2013-present).
- Committee member, MCJR Promotion and Tenure Committee (2012-2013, 2015), chair (2013, 2015).
- Selection Committee Chair, NSU Mass Communications Scholarship (2009-present), chair (2012-present).
- Library Liaison, MCJR (2011-present).
- Graduate Program Assessment Associate, assist MCJR Graduate Coordinator with NSU Graduate Fair and related paperwork (2010-present).
- Moderator, presenter, etc., NSU Dept. of Mass Comm. & Journalism’s MCJR week. (2009-2013).
- Web Chat Moderator, NSU new media technology conference, “The Evolving Face of Mass Communication” (October, 2009).
- Co-organizer for a community forum at NSU on the upcoming digital TV transition (November, 2008).
- Pocahontas, John Smith and Infidelity: The Pocahontas Story as Adaptation (9/19/14). Presented at 2014 NSU 1619 conference.
- Fruitvale Station (Know Your Rights) (2/25/14). Requested by Dean of Honors College. Presented at NSU New Students Center.
- Flipping, Appifying and Gamifying the Classroom Workshop (11/8/2013 & 11/12/2013). Requested by Office of Faculty Development.
- Jungle Fever (Fact and Film) (10/16/13). Requested by Dean of Honors College. Presented at NSU New Students Center.
- A Proposal for an International Sojourning Course at NSU (4/22/2013). Requested by Director of International Studies.
- Watching Amistad: The Anti-Racist White Hero in Film (10/7/2012). Requested by Dean of Honors College. Presented at NSU New Students Center.
- The Case of the Missing Interracial Romance: An Ideological Critique of Kiss the Girls (3/14/2012). Presented as part of a NSU faculty research event in the New Student Center.
- How to Use Social Media in Teaching and Research (11/2011). Requested by COLA Research Center.
- An Introduction to Spike Lee's Do the Right Thing (9/2011). Requested by Dean of Honors College.
- Co-presented, Accent Discrimination in Education (/2011). Requested by NSU CETLA.
- The Red Badge of Courage (Novel to Film) (10/ 2010). Presenter, NSU Honors College event. Requested by Dean of Honors College.
- Co-Presenter and Co-Organizer, "Stereotypes of Native Americans in Film & TV" event (November, 2010). University and public event. Requested by Department.